Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flying and Hang Gliding

The vantage point of a bird is truly a magnificent one, especially when you are in complete control. I am talking about the sport of hang gliding and I think it is a fantastic way to start this blog.

My name is TK and my goal in life is to be a doctor. It wasn't always this way, in fact, I used to daydream about creating video games. This ill-conceived goal led me down the path of obtaining a degree in Computer Engineering. After realizing creating video games wasn't going to pay my bills, I entered the web application programming industry. It pays my bills, but it comes with a price.

One thing they don't mention in college is how boring computer jobs really are. You sit at a computer for 8 hours a day and your body and mind whither away into a false sense of productivity. You take up new hobbies in order to instill a sense of purpose and excitement into your life. One of mine was hang gliding.

Flying is the most wonderful sport ever created. It really does contribute to your senses of purpose and excitement. If you feel like your life is stuck in a rut and you find yourself asking, "is this it?", let me share something with you. Go out to Google and search for "hang gliding near X" and replace "X" with your location. Not only is hang gliding the cheapest way to fly, it is exhilarating. You can do it almost anywhere; I've flown in the snow! Check this youtube video out, it gets me excited to get out and fly every time I watch it:



Blogs are a great way to share ideas and information with others. Hopefully I have shared flying and hang gliding with someone out there today. In the future, I hope to share my journey into medicine as well as the hobbies that keep my life engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment